Monday, May 13, 2013

BEEutiful day, and where the heck have I been?!

Hey all.  I am sorry that I haven't posted in a while...I've been sick.  I had a lovely case of bronchitis that kicked my butt out of commission for about two weeks.  Ugh, no voice, coughing like it was my job, and a trip to the ER later, and now I'm mostly back on my feet!

I haven't had much time to do any gardening or picture taking or bee things (I did open the hive last weekend). 

I opened the hive today, and the bees are going GREAT!  There is TONS of capped brook, lots of eggs and larva, and some that have already hatched.  I love it!

They have been foraging a lot on Dandelions the last couple days, and here is what we get!

 They climb all over and around the flower, getting all the pollen and nectar they can before moving on.


Here you can see them bringing the pollen back into the hive...I never knew Dandelion pollen was SO bright orange!


I'm so glad the weather has been getting nicer.  The fresh air feels amazing, and I can't wait to share more of my adventures with you.  Until next time, have a wonderful day!

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment