Thursday, February 28, 2013

Inside the honey tree...

 Hey everyone!  Boy was this chickpea excited when she went to check on her honey bee tree today.  There were a couple of bees outside the hive that didn't make it (I tried to warm one of them up, but she wasn't doing too well.)  It's hard to see any of them die, but that's nature and that's life.  However, since the entrance is too high up to reach, and I can't place a ladder with so much snow, I decided to let my camera in my phone do some observing for me.  Look at what I saw in the tree!!!

 It is so amazing to me that such a small creature, with the help of its family, can create something so amazing and so perfect.  Honey comb is amazing in its uniformity.  Just look at it.  I can't wait until I can start a regular hive of my own and watch these amazing creatures do their work!
 
So as you can imagine, I am completely chomping at the bit for spring to get here.  It's going to be such a busy time, with our garden, building a root cellar and now keeping bees...but I am so stoked.

Oh, by the way, my hive-top feeder and tools came yesterday (another visit from the amazon fairy) so as soon as I get some pictures of all of that stuff, I'll be sure to post!

Take care everyone, and until next time!

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment