Thursday, January 16, 2014

A New Year, A New Blog, A New ME!

Hello world. I've decided, with the help of my own crazy brain and the kind words of others that I need to put more focus into this blog.

When I decided to call it my little slice of paradise, I didn't realize how true those words would ring for me...my paradise is all around me, and I see it everywhere I go.

Even now, as I sit at my friend's kitchen table writing, away from home and family, I feel completely content because my happiness is right here in my little beating heart. It's next to me in the dog sleeping, and in the smile of the flamingo in the corner. It's in my mind when I think of my cute little cockatiel, and in my dreams when I sleep.

Sometimes I feel like crying, because I have been so blessed with so much paradise in my life, that I feel compelled to share it with the world, and I hope that through my blog I can do that. I have happiness all around me, practically kicking me in the teeth, but I failed to realize until just this very moment that it needs to burst forth from me and into the world. 

Happiness and love and friendship and paradise...yes...paradise are all around us, and all you have to do is open your eyes to it (or finally realize that it IS kicking you in the teeth).

I hope you'll follow me on this journey of mine, and realize that the world is a lot brighter and happier and more full of glitter and fun and love than you ever realized.

God bless all of you, and I hope you have a wonderful day!

all my love, Jamie

"Hear my voice when I call, LORD;
     be merciful to me and answer me." - Psalms 27:7

No comments:

Post a Comment